MAVERICKLearning is a freelance educational transformation organization founded by Mike Lawrence. It is home to those seeking to approach teaching and learning from a forwarding-thinking perspective, with students at the center.
“As a professional, Mike Lawrence is visionary in his purpose and exceptionally capable in his practice. He has a deep commitment to education in general and in particular to transforming the quality of teaching and learning through the thoughtful, creative use of technology.”
- Sir Ken Robinson, Speaker, Author, Educator
"Mike has an amazing ability to assess a situation, determine what is working and what needs to be enhanced, rally the right people, make things happen, and get things done. He is among the best educational leaders I know"
- Dr. Christine Olmstead, Associate Superintendent, Orange County Department of Education
"Mike Lawrence is truly a passionate, creative individual that carries the vision of 21st century learning."
- Dr. Holly Ludgate, Director of Learning, Full Sail Labs
"I work with educators who have 'YES' as their default response."
“Mike has a Ph. D. in delivering the goods to educators and students.”
- John Magneson, Assistant Superintendent, Merced COE
"Mike has the ability to identify and hire great people and the strength to manage them. He also has the energy and entrepreneurial insight to create revenue streams when none existed before and the skill to manage those new streams and systems without neglecting the core institution and its mission."
- Hall Davidson, Senior Director, Global Learning Initiatives, Discovery Education
“Mike has the ability to work with diverse groups and is an excellent communicator. In his collaboration with national and statewide technology groups, he demonstrated a keen ability to identify the needs of educators and develop partnerships to meet those needs."
- Dr. Raymond Chavez, Former CUE President and Director, Instructional Technology Outreach, Los Angeles COE